WELCOME TO THE PEOPLE OF SAND ...
We are established in Rabat and Dubai. No Showroom. No Store. Exclusively Online. Better Prices. Direct Artisans.
TOP 5 FAQs:
- We ship our carpets worldwide (USA, Europe, Middle East, Australia, etc.) from Rabat, Morocco.
- All our available carpets are on our online store. If you don't see your size, we don't have it now. Sign up to newsletter if you want to hear about next arrivals. Sign up here Remember each piece is unique. Don't miss the one you like.
- Berber carpets are butter white color. Not white. They last a lifetime... Worth paying a bit extra for quality.
- Pouffes are only available for the United Arab Emirates.
- In the living room we believe a carpet should be the size of your sofa or max 12cm (6inches) on both sides. Read our guide It is very simple. If you have questions, we are happy to help. Whatsapp us
- Over 50,000 customers trust us. Why not you?
THE PEOPLE OF SAND was originally founded in 2014 by French entrepreneur Audrey Soler in the United Arab Emirates. Descendent of Spanish settlers in North Africa, Audrey was born and raised in Paris, France. Her online store is influenced by a bohemian chic lifestyle that reminds her of her native Paris with Arabic influence.
Audrey is involved every side of her online store from sourcing the pieces, the production, the marketing and the business strategy. After working for 15 years in advertising in Europe and in the Middle East she decided to find a better work life balance with time for her passions and headspace.
THE PEOPLE OF SAND is specialized into Moroccan furnitures and it reflect Moorish, French, Spanish and Arabesque styles which depict so well the country's architecture and history.
THE PEOPLE OF SAND team is located between Rabat and Dubai.
THE PEOPLE OF SAND sells exclusively online and we work directly with Moroccan handcrafters. No Showroom. This explains why our pieces are the most affordable in the market. Less cost. Less margin. More satisfaction for the customer. If you have any questions, please contact us.
(on the picture, Naima, Lead Carpet Team & Weaver)
These days Audrey shares her time between Morocco, United Arab Emirates and Europe. She travels to Morocco frequently and she meets directly with the crafters. You can follow Audrey's travels and inspirations on instagram @THEPEOPLEOFSAND
“Descendent of Spanish settlers in North Africa, I was born and raised in Paris, France. After living in the US and London I moved to Dubai in 2005. I remembered missing interior styles and influences that I had grown up with. It was this constant need to find unique, crafty items that lead me to create THE PEOPLE OF SAND. The pieces I select are all handmade and bring that bohemian chic style to any interiors." Audrey Soler, Founder & Creative Director of THE PEOPLE OF SAND."Traveling was always my passion and it allowed to me meet different people and cultures. This is where I get my inspirations from." Ildiko Nanasi, Social media manager, Buyer.
Contact emails: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on
Audrey, Founder & Creative Director
Ildiko, Social Media & Assistant Buyer
Naima, Head Weaver