WELCOME TO THE PEOPLE OF SAND ...
Based out of Dubai. No Showroom. No Store. Exclusively Online. Better Prices. Direct Artisans. We are happy to answer to your questions online. WHATSAPP US HERE
TOP 5 FAQs:
1. ALL the carpets available are on our online store. If you don't see your size, we don't have it for now! Sign up to newsletter if you want to hear about next arrivals. SIGN UP HERE Remember each piece is unique. Don't miss the one you like.
2. Berber carpets are butter white color. Not white. They last a lifetime... Worth paying a bit extra for quality. It lasts longer than a brunch in Dubai!
3. Pouffes are pre-filled in Dubai. Satwa to be specific. :-)
4. In the living room we believe a carpet should be the size of your sofa or max 12cm (6inches) on both sides. READ OUR GUIDE It is very simple. If you have questions, we are happy to help. WHATSAPP US HERE
5. Customers trust us. Why not you? READ OUR REVIEWS
THE PEOPLE OF SAND was originally founded in 2014 by French entrepreneur Audrey Soler in the United Arab Emirates. Audrey is born in a multi cultural background in Paris with French, Spanish and Berber roots that made her travel naturally to the Arab world and Spain. Her online store is influenced by a bohemian chic lifestyle that reminds her of her native Paris with Arabic influence.
Audrey is involved every side of her online store from sourcing the pieces, the production, the marketing and the business strategy. After working for 15 years in advertising in Europe and in the Middle East she decided to find a better work life balance with time for her passions and headspace.
As an entrepreneur, Audrey is also known to have formerly organised music events in Dubai under the brand @THEOTHERSIDE - She loves alternative live music and she felt it was missing in Dubai. Her events hosted local indie music bands from Europe and Lebanon with sponsors like Ray-Ban, Puma, etc.
THE PEOPLE OF SAND is specialized into Moroccan furnitures and it reflect Moorish, French, Spanish and Arabesque styles which depict so well the country's architecture and history.
THE PEOPLE OF SAND team is located between Rabat and Dubai.
THE PEOPLE OF SAND sells exclusively online and we work directly with Moroccan handcrafters. No Showroom. This explains why our pieces are the most affordable in the market. Less cost. Less margin. More satisfaction for the customer. If you have any questions, please contact us.
(on the picture, Naima, Lead Carpet Team & Weaver)
These days Audrey shares her time between Morocco, United Arab Emirates and Europe. She travels to Morocco frequently and she meets directly with the crafters. You can follow Audrey's travels and inspirations on instagram @THEPEOPLEOFSAND
“Of French, Spanish & North African family origins I was born and raised in Paris, France. After living in the US and London I moved to Dubai in 2005. I remembered missing interior styles and influences that I had grown up with. It was this constant need to find unique, crafty items that lead me to create THE PEOPLE OF SAND. The pieces I select are all handmade and bring that bohemian chic style to any interiors." Audrey Soler, Founder & Creative Director of THE PEOPLE OF SAND."Traveling was always my passion and it allowed to me meet different people and cultures. This is where I get my inspirations from." Ildiko Nanasi, Buyer
Contact emails: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on
Audrey Soler, Founder & Creative Director
Ildiko Nanasi, Buyer
Naima, Head Weaver