Beni Ourain Carpet - 240x160cm - Massa - Natural Wool - 2474
Beni Ourain: The Ultimate Wool Carpet. Handmade in Morocco from the very finest wool by our team of 6 women in the Atlas Mountains. They are very soft and they can be passed from generation to generation.
It takes 280 hours of weaving to complete a Beni Ourain rug and 4 different steps: hand spinning of the wool, knotting the rug, yeing and trimming and washing.
Is it the right size for me?
240x160cm is the perfect size for 2 seater sofa. Best is to get a rug the width of your sofa and ideally add 12cm (6inches) to both sides. But this is not necessary. Orient the rug to the shape of the room.
Wool vs Synthetic carpets?
Synthetic carpets are up-front cheaper but wool carpets are a better investment and extremely durable and high-quality.
The Pros of Wool Carpets
- is soft and pleasing to the touch
- is environmentally friendly (made from natural wool without using chemicals)
- is good for the indoor environment too (it absorbs about 30% of its weight in moisture without feeling damp, making it a good natural dehumidifier).
- resists compacting or crushing
- is naturally dirt-repellent
- accepts and retains color well
- is flame retardant and doesn’t melt
Is Wool easy to clean?
Yes. You can use your vacuum to remove the dirt or shampoo/dry the stained area. https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Wool-Rugs
- Material: wool, cream
- Size: 240x160cm (Large Living Room)
- Pattern: large triangles
- 100% Authentic. Handmade in Morocco
What is the right size? It depends on the room. Please follow our guide here
Any questions about quality? Please read our reviews. Our carpets are the highest quality and 100% natural. We sell to interior designers, hotels, restaurants and online. Read what the press says about us here. If you have any questions, please drop us an email. Each carpet is unique. We use 100% natural wool (same shag pile and softness). Different sizes.
Any questions about pricing? If you know about Beni Ourain carpets you know already that The People Of Sand's carpets are 40% cheaper than other stores. How do we do it? We are exclusively online so we cut any unnecessary costs. We deal directly with our artisans in the Atlas Mountains. No middle man. Naima and her team of makers in the Atlas mountains are being paid more than average in the region and they are financially independent while maintaining cultural knowledge.
- Handknotted, where every knot is painstakingly tied to ensure the longevity of the rug.
- Natural wool pile, undyed.
- Color: cream (classic)
- Wool warp and weft, which is only found in tribal rugs.
- Thickness: 2cm
- Description: diamond shapes fringes on one side.
- Material: 100% natural sheep wool. Super soft.
- Production Time: 280 hours of weaving
- 100% Authentic. Handmade in Morocco.
Worldwide Shipping fees: all rates exclude custom duties, taxes, free zone charges and consignee fees. The US has a free trade agreement with Morocco.