How to Choose The Perfect Size Rug For Your Home
The biggest mistake we see is the rug being too small for the space. If you have a big room, select a big rug. Or you can simply contact us, we will help select the perfect size for you. Contact us here
If you have a small budget, spend it in the living room were you spend most your time.
- Basically, select a carpet that's 15-30cm longer than your sofa.
- Measure distance from sofa to TV, then you have your desire carpet width.
- You can also place the carpet under the two front legs of your sofa if too wide.
Visit our IG for inspiration.
1. Best is to measure size of your seating area. The right rug for the right room.
2. Be consistent. You need to have the legs of all your furniture. At least the front two. You cannot just have your sofa and none of the chairs by example.
3. Orient the rug to the shape of the room.
Dining Room (under the table)
We suggest to select a carpet that is about 60-70cm wider all round and in proportion to the table, accommodating chairs when people are seated.
If you have a table for 6 people, usually the standard size is: 285x145cm. So select a carpet around that size or bigger.
We usually advise to select smaller carpets for that room. Place it on the side of your bed or at the feet of the bed (2 legs only).